A purpose of leadership is not to do all the ministry. It is to equip the saints (that’s all of us) for the work of ministry!
11And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherdsc and teachers,d 12to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood,e to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 14so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. 15Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.https://biblehub.com/esv/ephesians/4.htm
I wonder what our churches and the Christian community would be like if we followed this scriptural teaching?
- More effective and powerful ministry will be accomplished. And become normal.
- More people would be reached for Jesus Christ – and fast.
- Local churches would become centers of personal and numerical growth.
- Churches would begin to grow more at New Testament speeds.
- Joy and love will increase.
- Jesus may return sooner than otherwise.